950 N. Washington St.
Alexandria, VA 22314
Disappointments and setbacks are a part of life. How do you know when it’s time to seek help? For some, it’s reaching a breaking point and deciding to make a change. For others, it’s wanting to make peace with a painful past. It may be prompted by a desire to understand self-defeating patterns or to answer a nagging question: “Is this normal?” Some seek counseling to change a bad habit that’s getting in the way of a brighter future. Others hope to heal a wounded relationship or move on from a broken one.
Here are some signs that your heart and mind may need healing
- Worrying “something bad” is going to happen
- Self-medicating through alcohol or other drugs
- Feeling hopeless/helpless
- Un-fulfilling or drama-filled relationships
- Difficulty sleeping
- Too much sleep/trouble getting out of bed
- Low energy
- Poor appetite
- Over-eating when sad or stressed
- Issues with sex or sexuality
- Feeling nervous around others
- Physical symptoms triggered by anxiety
- Obsessive thoughts
- Feeling guilty or ashamed
- Compulsive behaviors
- Flashbacks to traumatic events
- Mood swings
- “Road rage”
- Poor concentration
- Phobias/Irrational fears
- The “blahs”
- Parent-child conflict
Only you can decide if therapy is right for you, but most people who have sought counseling at some point agree that it helped them through a difficult time. If you are in emotional pain, you can and deserve to feel better. Reaching out for help is the first step.
Call 703/622-2993 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for an appointment.